Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day 4

Day 4 and time to step up the job search. Since having so much to sort out in the UK, I've found that I'm not very good at just doing nothing. My CV should start hitting the agencies this afternoon and hopefully somebody somewhere will be interested in employing me.
Maybe I should be spending my spare time studying the local maps. I have been asked for directions twice today. I take this as an indication of a natural air of confidence in my new country, but I invariabley end up disappointing people with my lack of knowlegde. I manage to excuse this by putting on my best BBC-style english accent and answering with something like 'I'm terribley sorry, but I'm unable to help you there. I have been here but four days'. I think I still hear them sigh at my incompetance though...
Still, in celebration of my apparent aussie-ness I decided to indulge in a Smoothie on the way home. I even took a photo of it in context:

No comments: